The following is a list of Fauquier All Time Greatest Moments and Achievements. Most of these accomplishments that have been sketched down come from wrestlers contributing to work hard in a system to build a winning program which in the end has uplifted Fauquier wrestling to what it has done most recently – win the State Championship in back to back years. Fauquier has produced some great wrestlers and teams but to drill to the core of the all time greatest moments and achievements of this list was shared with current and past coaches so it was built with an open discussion with people who should have a say and opinion. From one year to the next this list may change as new moments emerge.
1. 4A State Championship Title - 6 wrestlers in the Semi-Finals, 4 in Finalist and 2 champs with 114.5 pts - 2016
2. 4A State Championship Title - 8 wrestlers in the Semi-Finals, 6 in Finalist and 3 champs with 129 pts, the first time in team 50 school year history - 2015
3. Garrett Tingen becoming the first wrestler in Fauquier Co. ever to win the State Championships 3x - 2014, 2015, and 2016
4. Nick Cook winning the Beast of East tournament over John Hiles (St Francis) in the finals- 2007
5. Nick Cook winning the Powerade tournament beating Paul Snyder (Mt. Pleasant) 3-1 OT and the #2 ranked wrestler in the county - 2008
6. Three 2x 4A Individual State Champs (Daniel Ariola, Matt Raines, and Garrett Tingen) - 2015
7. Three 4A Individual State Champs (Daniel Ariola, Matt Raines, and Garrett Tingen) - 2014
8. Runner up 3A Team State Championship with 9 Individual Placements at a State, the most in team history - 2009
9. Runner up 4A Team State Championship; with two 1st placers, three 2nd placers, one 4th placer, and two 5th placers – 2018
10. Runner up 4A Team State Championship; with two 1st placers, two 2nd placers, one 4th placer, and two 6th placers - 2017
11. Runner up 4A Team State Championship; while only qualifying 5 wrestlers to state meet - 2014
12. Three wrestlers in the 3A State Finals with a State Champ (Ryan Hunsberger-2nd, Chris Moon-2nd, Daniel Mcgillivray-1st) - 2009
13. Going 3-2 at the 2015 Virginia Duals National High School Division. Beating two National ranked teams; defeating Don Bosco Prep Nationally ranked 37th in the county and seeded #1 (36 to 32) and defeating McDonogh (33-32); tied first round match (30-30) but lost in criteria - 2015
14. Going 3-1 at the 2011 Virginia Duals American Division and a 2nd place finish - 2011
15. Robby Gosnell winning the 2A State Championship title; first State Champ in 20 years - 2002
16. Tom Cummings becoming the first and the only 4x Regional Champion - 1980/81/82/83
17. Team finishing 12th at the Beast of East with 95pts – 2008
18. Winning the 2A Regional team Championship second year in a row and qualifying 11 wrestlers to the AA State Championship. The most in team history - 2011
19. Winning the 4A West Region Championship after being down 11.5 team points to Liberty HS and taking multiple illegal blows to the back of the head in the 3rd period, Franco Camarca continued to wrestle to win his match and help team Fauquier win its seventh Region Championship - 2017.
20. Winning the AA Region II Championship for the fourth year in a row and being in third place heading into the Championship finals as team Fauquier won three of four Final matches plus bonus to win the Championship - 2013.
21. Winning 7 straight District / Conferences 22 Championship Titles from 2006-2012
22. Greg Flournoy taking 4th place as the Beast of the East beating Jacob Crawford (Millbrook HS) in the Quarters the #12 ranked wrestler in the country - 2008
23. Garrett Tingen taking 5th place as the Beast of the East. Tingen went onto post a 6-2 record and helped the team earn 40th place with 39 points. - 2015
24. Franco Camarca winning the 4A State Championship with a 3-2 decision over Kaden Woodward (Eastern View HS) securing Fauquier's second place finish in the State Championships - 2017
25. Sam Fisher becomes the first Freshmen wrestler in Fauquier County history to win a wrestling State Championship with a 3-0 decision over Senior and 3x finalist, Matt Laird (Eastern View HS) - 2017.
26. Garrett Tingen winning the Elite Opener-pinning Corbin Allen (Handover HS.) in Finals the #15 ranked wrestler in the county - 2014
27. Matt Raines winning the Mount Mat Madness tournament over Eric Hong (Georgetown Prep) and being named Outstanding Wrestler - 2014
28. Kyle Budd (as a sophomore) winning in the 4A State Championship Semi-Finals 1-0 over DJ Ahalt (Courtland HS) and then winning his 4A State Finals match 7-4 over Aaron Black (Jameswood HS). Kyle Budd with back to back wins over previous State Champions to seal the 2016 VHSL State Title for himself and the team - 2016
29. Kyle Budd (as a freshman) pinning Gray Hart (Hanover HS.) in the 4A State Championship Semi-Finals and securing the team point value to win the team state championship - 2015
30. Going 2-2 at the 2008 Virginia Duals National High School Division. Beating two top ranked VA teams; defeating Cox (37-23) and defeating Great Bridge (32-24). This was a benchmark that the wrestling program was becoming one of the better teams in Virginia - 2008
31. Winning the 2011 Evergreen District Championships with 274 points (the most points scored for team Fauquier in a District Championship) while advancing 12 wrestlers onto the Championship Finals, with 8 champions and qualifying all 14 wrestlers onto the Region II Championships (the most in school history) – 2011
32. Total team effort in a come from behind win in the final round at the 2018 Northwestern District Championships which resulted in every wrestler scoring team points. A District Championship that had team Fauquier winning by 1.5-points (210.5 pts to 209 pts) over Liberty with the Tournament Director calculating the team score inaccurately heading into the Championship Finals – 2018
33. Most Regional Champs 5 (Ethan Jordon, Kyle Budd, Joe Del Gallo, Sam Fisher, Tyler Raymond), and 7 Regional finalists - 2018
34. Cam Franklin with the come from behind pin sparking and 8-0 finals round at the 2016 Conference 22 Finals which resulted in Fauquier coming from behind to win the Conference Title - 2016
35. Garrett Tingen (as a sophomore) pinning Austin Jenkins (Eastern View HS.) in the Conference 22 Championship Finals - 2014
36. Qualifying 6 wrestlers to the AAA State Championship and earning 14 wins during the season, the most in the team 35 year history and a benchmark that the wrestling program was becoming good - 2000
37. Winning 4 consecutive Regional Championship from 2010-2013
38. Most Regional Champs 4 (Greg Flournoy, Conner Miller, Chris Moon, Daniel McGillivray), and first time in the team 45 year history - 2009
39. Winning 9 Individual District Champions, most and first time in team 45 year history - 2009
40. Region II Championship Finals Max Strum winning by pin over Thomas Smith (Powhatan HS) - A final match where Smith subsequently separated a Kettle Run Gym door from its hinges - 2012.